I have created my own process to analyse and construct a design. I have used the “engineering design process” as a model and I have changed and clarifyed a couple of things because I think it will perform better for me. Actually, it could be seen as a customised version of this methodology.
THE ENGINEERING DESIGN PROCESS
CLÀUDIA DESIGN PROCESS
It is as follows:
1ST STAGE:: _______STUDY
SPOT THE PROBLEMS REGARDING:
– AUDIENCE: What audiences is it aiming at?
– COMMUNICATION: What has to be communicated?
– SPACE: Where the piece will be situated?
– AUDIENCE IN THE SPACE: How this audience normally acts in this space?
– IDENTITY: What are the main features of the project?
– STYLE: What is the best style to use taking in consideration all the questions above?
2ND STAGE:: DEVISE IDEAS/SOLUTIONS_______ SOLVE
Based on the information above, it is time to start creating solutions that would solve the problem of communication.
3RD STAGE:: MAKE IT_______ CONSTRUCTION
Once the ideas have been moved to paper it is time to realise them. Here the practical activity begins.
4TH STAGE:: TEST IT_______ OBSERVE IT IN ACTION
When it is entirely completed it is time to test it.
5TH STAGE:: _______ EVALUATE
Once it has been tested, it is time to see what works well and what needs to be changed.
When the 5th stage ends, the first one can be redone but using the knowledge acquired in the first round to look at particular areas that appear less effective and improve the final outcome.